(Newbie) Applying colors to surface plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21095] (Newbie) Applying colors to surface plots
  • From: Fedder Skovgaard <mm46a at imada.sdu.dk>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:52:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to apply a given color to a plot such as:

ParametricPlot3D[sphere[1][a,b]//Evaluate,{a,0,Pi},{b,0,2Pi}]

I have tried to work with SurfaceColor, but failed to get it to work. It
seems very cumbersome to apply individual light sources to get an even
color on the surface. This is even a larger challenge when combining
several graphics objects and wishing to assign colors to individual
objects.

Thanks in advance for any recommadation