Help: boundary value problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21053] Help: boundary value problem
- From: Marco de Innocentis <mdi11 at hotmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:51:18 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I need to solve a nonlinear ordinary second-order differential equation on a closed interval, knowing the value of the solution at the ends of the interval. Is there a way of solving this problem using Mathematica, or does Mathematica only deal with initial value problems? If the latter, is there some function which performs the shooting method, so I can transform the boundary value into an initial value problem? Thanks, Marco de Innocentis Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.