newtons method, notation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21084] newtons method, notation
  • From: aka007 at mail.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:51:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

can someone explain a bit the notation for newtons method?
can someone show me the fibonacci sequence on mathematica?

f(n_):=x(n_)=f(n)/f'(n)

sorry, i don't exactly recall newtons method, nor the mathematica
to do it.

and then the second part is creating a table of data, based on inital
guess. graph would be good, too.

but what in the world is the first part doing???

thanks,

Jesse
aka007 at mail.com
btw, pls email me, as my i only see messages from nov 21, some sort
of problem.  also, this is not for a class, i'm supposed to help
students with mathematica (which i never used till now).