newtons method, notation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21084] newtons method, notation
- From: aka007 at mail.com
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:51:52 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff AZ, USA
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
can someone explain a bit the notation for newtons method? can someone show me the fibonacci sequence on mathematica? f(n_):=x(n_)=f(n)/f'(n) sorry, i don't exactly recall newtons method, nor the mathematica to do it. and then the second part is creating a table of data, based on inital guess. graph would be good, too. but what in the world is the first part doing??? thanks, Jesse aka007 at mail.com btw, pls email me, as my i only see messages from nov 21, some sort of problem. also, this is not for a class, i'm supposed to help students with mathematica (which i never used till now).