Inheritance of $NotebookPath?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21134] Inheritance of $NotebookPath?
- From: Philip C Mendelsohn <mend0070 at tc.umn.edu> (Philip C Mendelsohn)
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:21:34 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I hope this is a simple question. When I start Mathematica (v4.0, Linux[Mandrake 6]) and I go to open a saved Notebook, it always defaults to my home directory. I have tried changing Global $NotebookDirectory and $NotebookPath in the Option Inspector, but whenever I reboot, I still get my home directory. (I want ~/math/, a subdirectory.) Am I missing something really simple, he asked hopefully. Thanks. (cc: replies to e-mail would be appreciated, due to a really slow news server.) -- Life is complex: It has real and imaginary components. --Unknown