Problems with NotebookOpen in Mathematica 4. on WindowsNT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21201] Problems with NotebookOpen in Mathematica 4. on WindowsNT
  • From: tanguy Risset <Tanguy.Risset at irisa.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:24:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello

I have a hierarchy of Notebooks which call each others by the command:
NotebookOpen["notebookName.nb"]
This worked correctly with Mathematica version 3. on any plateform.
I installed the version 4. on WindowsNT,
surprisingly, the command always answer $Failed and does nothing.
I can open the notebook by the menu (File->open) and execute them,
but I cannot use the command NotebookOpen. I tried to scan the news for
that problem, but I  didn't find anything. Do you have any solution to my
problem ?

Thanks

Tanguy Risset