Re: GraphicsArray and alignment of graphs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21259] Re: [mg21099] GraphicsArray and alignment of graphs
  • From: BobHanlon at aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 02:28:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Use an identical but  "invisible" FrameTick on each graph's axis that
is slightly wider than the widest actual tick label. For example,

fig1 = Plot[x, {x, 0, 10}, Frame -> True,
      FrameTicks -> {Automatic,
          Join[Table[{k, k}, {k, 0, 10, 2}],
            Table[{k, "    "}, {k, 0, 10, 1}]], Automatic, Automatic},
      DisplayFunction -> Identity];

fig2 = Plot[x^4, {x, 0, 10}, Frame -> True,
      FrameTicks -> {Automatic,
          Join[Table[{k, k}, {k, 0, 2000, 500}],
            Table[{k, "    "}, {k, 0, 2100, 100}]], Automatic, Automatic},
      DisplayFunction -> Identity];

Show[GraphicsArray[{{fig1}, {fig2}}], ImageSize -> {300, 388}];

Bob Hanlon