Can this ODE be solved?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15386] Can this ODE be solved?
- From: Harry Kiesel <ghkiesel at mcs.drexel.edu>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 03:14:49 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Hi Folks: Mathematica 3.0 returned the following ODE unsolved. I beleive the solution involves special functions. Is there a way of sloving this type of equation with Mathematica. The equation is (t-t^3/4)*D[G[t],t,t]+(t^2/4+2*x*t)*D[G[t],t]+(x+t/4)*G[t]==0. Thanks for any help. Harry Kiesel