CellGroupingRules?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15520] CellGroupingRules?
  • From: rgoetz at mcmail.stlcc.cc.mo.us (Goetz, Ron)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:47:21 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to edit a stylesheet to modify the way automatic cell
grouping occurs?  If so, how?

Note that I found this statement in the Help Browser under:
 Other Information>Menu Commands>Cell Menu>Cell Grouping>Automatic
Grouping:

"The grouping behavior of cells is controlled by the CellGroupingRules
option."

(If you like, you can use the following link to go to the section
containing this statement. Copy the following text:

Cell[BoxData[
    ButtonBox["CellGroupingRules",
      ButtonData:>{"Cell Grouping: Automatic", "AutomaticCellGrouping"},
      Active->True,
      ButtonStyle->"OtherInformationLink"]], "Input"]

then paste into a Mathematica notebook, and allow Mathematica to
interpret the cell expression.)

But I haven't been able to find any other mention of this option.  Is
this an idea that wasn't implemented, or is it just undocumented?

Thanks in advance for any information,

Ron