RE: Next Version of Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15554] RE: [mg15501] Next Version of Mathematica?
- From: "Jean-Marie THOMAS" <jmthomas at agat.net>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:44:37 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
As far as I know, prices from the French authorized Mathematica dealer have just (last week) dropped by 30%, which sounds like a prelude to a new version. -----Original Message----- From: Kevin J. McCann [mailto:kevinmccann at Home.com] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Subject: [mg15554] [mg15501] Next Version of Mathematica? Does anyone know when the next version will be out? We previewed the beta at the Mathematica Conference in June, and indications were that it would be released before year's end. Forgot to ask which year, I guess. Also, there was a lot of discussion about a new variable type - something like a "Packed Number" which allowed for much more efficient numerical calculations. Does this spell the end for the need for InterCall? Just Asking, Kevin