RE: Next Version of Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15596] RE: [mg15501] Next Version of Mathematica?
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:23:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was also at Conference 98 and remember leaving with the thought; "I
HOPE the new version comes out before my Premiere Service expires in
April 99."

I also remember Neil Soiffer (of Wolfram Research) made a joke about
this during his talk.  He said "We can make one promise about when the
next version will be available; it will be after tomorrow ."

It seems we hear less from the Wolfram Research developers in the
MathGroup in recent weeks.  I suspect this is because they have
internal pressures to fix any remaining bugs ASAP, and release the new
version.

Ted Ersek

___________________

Kevin McCann wrote:

Does anyone know when the next version will be out?  We previewed the
beta at the Mathematica Conference in June, and indications were that
it would be released before year's end.  Forgot to ask which year, I
guess.

Also, there was a lot of discussion about a new variable type -
something like a "Packed Number" which allowed for much more efficient
numerical calculations.  Does this spell the end for the need for
InterCall?

Just Asking,

Kevin