Help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18732] Help
  • From: mot4201 at my-deja.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:48 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need help with the following:

suppose the x values represent the location and the y value the
temporal variable (here months for example). z values correspond to the
values of temperature at the specific locations and months (x,y). There
are some missing values for z. How does linear interpolation works in
both directions (x and y) to estimate the values of z? I heard that the
method of triangulation is used, how does this works?

I am intersted in the theory behind linear interpolation.

Thanks

Mark.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/