Re: Re: How to import 3D STL or IGES File to M-ma?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18712] Re: [mg18658] Re: How to import 3D STL or IGES File to M-ma?
  • From: Manuel Arala Chaves <machaves at fc.up.pt>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Jens-Peer Kuska wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you got no answer because no one knows
> what a 3D STL or IGS file is.
>
> Is it something to eat ? Is it a computer virus ?

I don't think it would be nice to eat it: STL -> stereolithography.

I had in the past a reference to a package that would do the opposite:
export 3D graphics to STL, with some restrictions, I suppose. But I am not
sure if I would be able to find the exact reference again. Anyway usually
machines which work with STL also accept DXF and for this there exists
WriteDXF, included in the "Utilities"`DXF` or MVLoadDXF and MVWriteDXF in
your (Jens Peer's) OpenGLViewer.

Regards
Manuel