need help hiding display formulas

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17938] need help hiding display formulas
  • From: Mike Davis <davisjm at ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 02:56:07 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm creating my first mathematica notebook, and I'd like to put some
figures into the notebook to help with the explanation. I am building
these figures up by primitives such as Point and Circle (ie, not through
some technique that would be educational for the reader to see), so I'd
like to display only the end result and not the commands leading up to
it.

In looking at my copy of mathematica I believe such a thing is possible.
The Graphics Gallery, for example, is filled with graphic images w/o any
hint of the expressions used to create them. It's almost like the input
style is invisible and the output style is its normal value.

Can someone fill me in on how this is done? Ideally I'd like to be able
to turn the visibility of my underlying display formulas on and off so I
can make changes when necessary.

I have Mathematica 3.0 for students running on a PC. I have a hard copy
of The Mathematica Book, but that and the online documentation is all I
have for mathematica documentation. If a solution involves doing
something sophisticated with style sheets, then I'd also appreciate a
good reference for that too.

THANKS!!!!

Mike Davis