Re: How to plot more curves on one graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18164] Re: How to plot more curves on one graph
  • From: dreiss at !SPAMscientificarts.com (David Reiss)
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 23:54:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7kcjaj$lq4 at smc.vnet.net>, "Uros Filipic"
<Uros.Filipic at AZ-atelje.si> wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I'm new at Mathematica and I would be very glad, if someone coud help me.
> 1. How to plot Circles, Lines . . .
>     For example I would like to plot circle : Circele([2,3],4)
> 2. How to plot, for example circle, line and point on the same graph ?
>
> Thanks,
> Uros
>

> .

A simple example:

Show[Graphics[{Circle[{2,3},4],Line[{{0,0},{3,1}}],Point[{2,2}]}]]

Generally, put the graphics primitives in a list (and use
the correct brackets: in contrast to your example for Circle
above), then enclose place this list in Graphics as an argument,
then display the result using Show.  Of course there is much more,
involving using options and more sophisticated graphics directives.
This example was for simple 2-D graphics, for 3-D graphics you need
to use Graphics3D, SurfaceGraphics,...  The basic reference
for all of thei is Tom Wickham-Jones's book "Mathematica Graphics",
but you can get up to speed with The Mathematica Book as well
as others.

--David

Scientific Arts:
Creative Services and Consultation
for the Applied and Pure Sciences

  http://www.scientificarts.com

David Reiss
Email: dreiss at !SPAMscientificarts.com

Remove the !SPAM to send email