Re: Using Utilities`Notation` in a package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16287] Re: [mg16131] Using Utilities`Notation` in a package
  • From: "Nicolas B.E. Sawyer" <nbes at eee.nott.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 01:05:27 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've finally got there (after a number of e-mails to Reinhold
Kainhofer).
The 3.0.0 palette doesn't include Symbolize so I couldn't use it to
define my package. Even using an example package Reinhold sent me didn't
work with the Notation package I had. I've upgraded to 3.0.1 things
work.

There's just one quirk which I get on my PC when I show extra
information on my symbol "a subscript n" (having Symbolized it in a
package).

With a narrow notebook window, the second UnderBracket is not shown as a
character as can be seen by pasting the following into a notebook

a\[UnderBracket]Subscript\[UnderBracket\
]n = "Subscript symbol"

However, increase the width of the notebook before executing the cell to
show the symbol information and everything is fine, as can be seen by
pasting this result:-

--
Nicolas B.E. Sawyer

Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
University of Nottingham,
University Park,
Nottingham,
NG7 2RD.