Q: extracting list of arguments of function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16468] Q: extracting list of arguments of function
  • From: Jerzy Niesytto <woland99 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 02:22:04 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Let's assume that we want to pass function goo as argument
to another function foo and extract list of arguments
of the function goo:
foo[fun_] := Module[{argList}, argList = Table[fun[[i]],{i,1,2}] ]
foo[goo[x,y]];

This will result in list:
{x,y}

But if goo was defined before eg:
goo[s_,t_] = s^2 + t^3;

then we get:

Can anybody point me in a right direction here?
Sorry for such an elementary question...

JT