Eliminating a "Unit"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16528] Eliminating a "Unit"
  • From: rlove at antispam.neosoft.com (Robert B. Love )
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:06 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

First let me apologize if this is a duplicate posting.  I first
posted my question over 24 hours ago but haven't seen it turn
up.

My problem stems from a function that returns a list of angles with
some built in label like this:

{92.123 Degree, 94.444 Degree, ...}

When I go to graph the data it seems that ListPlot converts it to
Radians.  Ideally I would like a way to strip the "Degree" units off
of the list.  Alternatively, how do I make ListPlot graph the data the
way I supply it?

I've read the documentation for Miscellanous'Units but don't see a
function to strip off units, only convert them.

Besides answers to my question about stripping the list, maybe some
pointers on what to read in the 1000+ pages of the Mathematica manual for this
technique of labeling data could be included.  Thanx in advance for
all assistance.

 Bob Love                                   MIME & NeXT Mail OK
 rlove at neosoft.com