Re: importing data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16478] Re: importing data
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at Home.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:59:37 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bernard,

See the help on ReadList.  I have a file called "dummy.dat" which looks like
this

1.0 1.0
2.0 4.0
3.0 9.0
4.0 15.0

SetDirectory["C:\MyMathematica"]; (* where the file is *)

(* This just reads them in as a single list *)
ReadList["dummy.dat",Number]

(* Following reads them in as a list of pairs *)
ReadList["dummy.dat",{Number,Number}]

(* For kicks you can try this one *)
ReadList["dummy.dat"]

and see what you get.