DSolve Error Message

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16712] DSolve Error Message
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <dana2 at email.msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:33:39 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello.  I am studying Differential Equations and am stuck at the beginning
of Chapter 3! (I have a long way to go.)

I am getting a lot of error messages about ". is longer than depth of
object."  The book can solve these equations.  Does anyone know what this
error means so I can fix the equation?  Thank you.   Also, I had to type
most of this by hand because when I copy the equation and paste into a word
document, I get all the underlying stuff as well.  I have tried all
combinations of copy - paste.  I have set the display of the equations to
text, and copied the equation as text, but I still get all the other stuff
that does not look well when posting a question.  I am looking for a way to
copy what is displayed only so I can participate in this newsgroup.  Thank
you very much for any insight.

DSolve[{y'[x] == x^2 * (1 - 3 y[x] ) , y[0] == -1}, y[x], x]

Part::"partd":

    "Part specification \!\(True \\[LeftDoubleBracket] 1 \

\\[RightDoubleBracket]\) is longer than depth of object."

Part::"partd":

    "Part specification \!\(True \\[LeftDoubleBracket] 2 \

\\[RightDoubleBracket]\) is longer than depth of object."

Etc.