Re: How to make axes being seen inside a sphere in SphericalPlot3D?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16771] Re: [mg16730] How to make axes being seen inside a sphere in SphericalPlot3D?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:24:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>   I got problems with SphericalPlot3D. I combined the x, y, and z
axes
>together with a sphere
>in SphericalPlot3D, and the 3 lines just attached the surface on the
>sphere. What steps should
>I take to make the surface of the sphere 'transparent' and 3 axes
being
>seen through the origin?
>
>  Besides, Could I plot the arrows on the lines of axes, and increase
>the mesh surface on the sphere?
>thanks.

There is a routine in the Graphics`Shapes` package called WireFrame.
But it is not totally easy to use. You have to do something like this:

Show[Graphics3D[{First[WireFrame[Graphics3D[SphericalPlot...]]], axes
graphics}]]

 I have a set of graphics routines, and a tutorial notebook, at my
web-site below which shows an easy way to do this. In fact, the
picture on my home site show a see through sphere with some other
graphics within. The tutorial shows how it was produced.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/