Multidimensional Splines/Interpolation ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20752] Multidimensional Splines/Interpolation ?
- From: Volker Hilsenstein <volker_sio at altavista.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:17:58 -0500
- Organization: Univ of Calif San Diego
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello everyone, I'm looking for something like multidimensional Splines/Interpolation. This is what I want to do: Given some points of a height field h(x,y) (water surface; mountain range etc) I want to have a good interpolation f or the points in between (the surface is smooth, no discontinuieties).. I figure something like multidimensional splines is what I want, but I'm not sure whether something like this exists. There's some examples for multidimensional interpolation in the Mathamatica Book but in those examples you have to provide h(x,y) for all points of a grid. I have discrete Data, but I only can provide h(x_i,_y_i) for some points (x_i,y_i) that don't fill the grid ... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated ! Cheers, Volker