Re: Multidimensional Splines/Interpolation ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20763] Re: Multidimensional Splines/Interpolation ?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:22:41 -0500
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, you are looking for an interpolation over an irregular grid you may try DiscreteMath`ComputationalGeometry`TriangularSurfacePlot or the ExtendGraphics packages from Tom Wickham-Jones on MathSource. A spline over an irregular triangle mesh is a current research topic and I don't expect that you will find a solution in Mathematica. Regards Jens Volker Hilsenstein wrote: > > Hello everyone, > > I'm looking for something like multidimensional Splines/Interpolation. > This is what I want to do: Given some points of a height field h(x,y) > (water surface; mountain range etc) I want to have a good interpolation > f > or the points in between (the surface is smooth, no discontinuieties).. > I figure something like multidimensional splines is what I want, but > I'm not sure whether something like this exists. There's some examples > for multidimensional interpolation in the Mathamatica Book but in those > examples you have to provide h(x,y) for all points of a grid. I have > discrete > Data, but I only can provide h(x_i,_y_i) for some points (x_i,y_i) that > don't fill the grid ... > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated ! > > Cheers, > Volker