Re: Multidimensional Splines/Interpolation ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20763] Re: Multidimensional Splines/Interpolation ?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:22:41 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

you are looking for an interpolation over an irregular grid

you may try DiscreteMath`ComputationalGeometry`TriangularSurfacePlot
or the ExtendGraphics packages from Tom Wickham-Jones on MathSource.

A spline over an irregular triangle mesh is a current research topic
and I don't expect that you will find a solution in Mathematica.

Regards
  Jens