new syntax errors?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20768] new syntax errors?
  • From: Philippe ROYER <Philippe.Royer at cern.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:22:44 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am using Mathematica 4.0.

When loading a package file (.m) created by "save as package" on a
notebook with Mathematica 4.0,
I get syntax errors that do not appear in the notebook.

 I edited the .m file and noticed that some functions that have the same

appearance in the notebook file
have a different look in the .m file. Some of them have about the
same form than in the notebook
whereas others (where I get the syntax errors) contain a lot of "\, \),
(I noticed that in my notebook, it is not possible to write on the full
left of the page; there seems to be an
automatic tabulation.)
The SAME package created with the SAME procedure with Mathematica3 works

properly, without any
syntax errors in the .m file.

Thanks for your help.