Graphing 4D functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20809] Graphing 4D functions
  • From: "Christopher Knittel" <knittel at bu.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:13:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to graph something in 4 dimensions. Just kidding.

What I really want to do is graph a function of three variables after
defining one of the variables as a constant.

I tried the following:

C1[X,Y,Z] : = stuff
I then evaluated this.
Z=.5
Then evaluated this.
Plot3D[C1,{X,0,10},{Y,0,10}]
This doesn't work!!!!!! I also tried it with = instead of :=.

As is probably clear, I am new to mathematica.

One other question is,

How would I right a batch file for this? And how would I run the batch file?
I don't know if I have to keep evaluating stuff, or what.

Thanks,
Chris
knittel at bu.edu