Trouble with () in Graphics text in WindowsNT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20152] Trouble with () in Graphics text in WindowsNT
  • From: "Neal E. Tornberg" <neal.e.tornberg at boeing.com>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 03:05:09 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This problem originally cropped up in Frame Labels but it occurs in the
simplest situation:

tstlbltxt = Graphics[Text["Scale (inches)", Scaled[{.5, .5}], TextStyle
-> {FontSize -> 12}]]

Show[tstlbltxt, ImageSize -> 500]

I get what you'd expect.
If I copy the graphics as a metafile and paste as a picture into
PowerPoint, still no problem.

HOWEVER: if I attempt to edit the "picuture" OR I give the PPT file to
someone else, the parentheses have become HUGE.

I've tried quite a few of the options like FontFamily->"Times" etc.
Have I missed something?
Is it a bug?
Is there a workaround?

--