Re: Timing[] and AbsoluteTime[].

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20276] Re: [mg20257] Timing[] and AbsoluteTime[].
  • From: Jean-Marie Thomas <jmt at agat.net>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 02:19:52 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Timing returns the CPU time used by the evaluation of your command in the
kernel (and not the kernel plus the frontend)

AbsoluteTime is a date function (number of seconds since January 1,1900)

So, if your command needs 10 sec CPU time, and other processes running on your
computer require 10 more sec, and displaying your results needs 10 sec, Timing
will returns 10, and after minus before 30.