Re: Vector plot in cylindrical coordinates.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20288] Re: Vector plot in cylindrical coordinates.
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 03:39:28 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi John,

what means "cylindrical coordinates" ? The vector field f={fx,fy}
depending on
r and phi ? The vector field f={fr,fphi} depending on x and y or
f={fr,fphi} on
r and phi ? Since drawinf fr amd fphi show you allmost nothing I assume
you want

{fx[r,phi],fy[r,phi]} ? the following ma y help you:

PlotVectorField[
   r = Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]; phi = ArcTan[x, y];
  {r*Cos[2phi], r*Sin[2phi]}, {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2}]

Regards
  Jens