Version 3.0 unstable?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20441] Version 3.0 unstable?
  • From: hans.steffani at e-technik.tu-chemnitz.de (Hans Steffani)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:33:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

For I long time I used

In[1]:= $Version
Out[1]= DEC OSF/1 Alpha 2.2 (October 7, 1994)

with its notebook with great success. No I had to change to

In[2]:= $Version
Out[2]= Linux 3.0 (April 25, 1997)

with a the new notebook (nb). As I was not used to core dumps
I wonder why this happens quite often. Is anything changed?

H.F.S.
--
Hans Friedrich Steffani
Institut fuer Elektrische Maschinen und Antriebe, TU Chemnitz
mailto:hans.steffani at e-technik.tu-chemnitz.de
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~hfst/