Re: Version 3.0 unstable?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20532] Re: Version 3.0 unstable?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:13:51 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 26 Oct 1999, Hans Steffani wrote: > For I long time I used > > In:= $Version > Out= DEC OSF/1 Alpha 2.2 (October 7, 1994) > > with its notebook with great success. No I had to change to > > In:= $Version > Out= Linux 3.0 (April 25, 1997) > > with a the new notebook (nb). As I was not used to core dumps > I wonder why this happens quite often. Is anything changed? Without a specific example that demonstrates the problem, it is not possible to know what is causing your troubles. You may want to send some examples to Wolfram Research Technical Support to see if they can reproduce the problem. Their contact information is here: http://www.wolfram.com/services/techsupport/contact.html Hints on working with Technical Support effectively can be found here: http://www.wolfram.com/services/techsupport/Hints.html -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.