Re: Text entry - is there an easy way?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20519] Re: Text entry - is there an easy way?
- From: "J.R. Chaffer" <jrchaff at nwlink.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:05:11 -0400
- Organization: Northwest Link
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Thanks to the several people who wrote - I tried Alt+7 & works just fine in Win98. jrc "J.R. Chaffer" wrote: > Hi, I'm new to Mathematica. I am using Version 4.0, Student > edition. > > I'm thinking there must be a keyboard shortcut to enter text. > I have figured out how to alter preferences (or something) > and have the toolbar displayed whenever a notebook is > opened. But whenever I want to insert a text cell, I have > to grab the mouse, point to the dropdown edit box in the > toolbar, and specifically select text. > > Is there not a keyboard shortcut to designate the next > entry as text? > > I've looked in Help, with no luck, so far. > > Thanks. > > John Chaffer > jrchaff at nwlink.com