Re: A simple question? Please help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20502] Re: A simple question? Please help
  • From: wcamp92147 at aol.com (WCamp92147)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:05:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>LaplaceTransform[Sin[t], t, s]"
>
>and the output should be 1/[1+s^2]
>
>yet I just get the input returned.

I'm guessing that you haven't loaded the appropriate package.  Mathematica
comes with many standard packages that aren't automatically loaded every time
it is run, because of memory constraints.  Try the following:

Needs["Calculus`LaplaceTransform`"];

or for the case of the Fourier transform,

Needs["Calculus`FourierTransform`"];

NOTE:  the little backquote characters after the words Calculus and Transform
above are necessary.  You cannot ignore them, or uwe the apostrophe ' instead.
On my keyboard, the backquote is located next to the "1" on the upper left, the
same key as the ~.

Good luck,

Bill Campbell