Re: Mathematica for Macintosh Plus i.e. 68000 processors?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20501] Re: [mg20436] Mathematica for Macintosh Plus i.e. 68000 processors?
  • From: Jean-Marie Thomas <jmt at agat.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:05:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have used a version 2.0 and a version 2.2 on a Mac Plus with 4MByte RAM.
It works, but :
- I am afraid WRI does not support versions 2 any longer;
- Having more than 40 lines of computation ($Line) leads to kernel burst, which
is quite fustrating;
- MacPlus are equipped with chips running at 15 MHz, as the average now is 300
MHz;
- the maximum RAM you can have is 4 MByte;
- 800 MBytes disks are difficult to find,
etc.

Keep your MacPlus for Steve Jobs signature inside !
If you want to suffer, you can also buy and wear one size too short shoes.

jmt