Re: Processing Mathematica TeXSave files with PcTeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20491] Re: Processing Mathematica TeXSave files with PcTeX
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:04:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 25 Oct 1999, Souvik Banerjee wrote:

> Does anyone have experience in setting up PcTex (Version 4.0) to process the
> .tex files  generated by Mathematica TeXSave? I am getting multiple missing
> font errors when I try to do it. The Mathematica website has instructions
> for setting up MikTex and some others TeX processing software (like teTeX)
> for doing this at http://support.wolfram.com/FrontEnds/Export/TeX/ .

PCTeX 4.0's product literature

	http://www.pctex.com/prodinfo.htm#pctexwin32

claims that it now has support for PostScript fonts, but it is not clear
whether it makes use of the standard TeX virtual font mechanism or its own
proprietary interface.

You will need to review the documentation for PCTeX to see what
instructions it provides for adding PostScript (Type 1) fonts.  If it uses
the virtual font system, then it may be possible for PCTeX to process
TeXSave-generated files.  If not, then you will need to use a
standards-compliant implementation of TeX like MiKTeX.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.