Re: Processing Mathematica TeXSave files with PcTeX
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20491] Re: Processing Mathematica TeXSave files with PcTeX
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:04:54 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 25 Oct 1999, Souvik Banerjee wrote: > Does anyone have experience in setting up PcTex (Version 4.0) to process the > .tex files generated by Mathematica TeXSave? I am getting multiple missing > font errors when I try to do it. The Mathematica website has instructions > for setting up MikTex and some others TeX processing software (like teTeX) > for doing this at http://support.wolfram.com/FrontEnds/Export/TeX/ . PCTeX 4.0's product literature http://www.pctex.com/prodinfo.htm#pctexwin32 claims that it now has support for PostScript fonts, but it is not clear whether it makes use of the standard TeX virtual font mechanism or its own proprietary interface. You will need to review the documentation for PCTeX to see what instructions it provides for adding PostScript (Type 1) fonts. If it uses the virtual font system, then it may be possible for PCTeX to process TeXSave-generated files. If not, then you will need to use a standards-compliant implementation of TeX like MiKTeX. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.