Re: Configuring MiKTeX 1.20d to read Mathematica 4 TeX files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20494] Re: Configuring MiKTeX 1.20d to read Mathematica 4 TeX files
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:04:56 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 25 Oct 1999, Robert wrote:

> Hello.  I followed exactly the directions given in
>
> http://support.wolfram.com/FrontEnds/Export/TeX/MikTeX.html
>
> to configure MiKTeX 1.20d to read Mathematica generated TeX
> files but with no luck.  I ran the command
>
> latex msymdoc.tex
> dvips -o msymdoc.ps msymdoc.dvi
>
> but the PS file generated was blank when I viewed it under GSView.
>
> Did anyone encounter similar problems?  What is the solution?

Try invoking dvips with the flag "-j0".

	dvips -j0 -o msymdoc.ps msymdoc.dvi

We've found instances DVIPS failing to subset the Math fonts in the
resulting PostScript document.  Throwing the additional flag turns off
subsetting and embeds the complete font.  It results in a bigger
PostScript file, but it should make the problem go away.

If you continue to encounter problems, or if I have somehow misunderstood
your question, please repost with a log of the error messages that you
encounter as DVIPS runs.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com