initstate problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20003] initstate problems
  • From: Woland <wolandms at inbox.ru>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:40:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

  I'm  a  bit new to Mathematica 4 but I worked A LOT with Mathematica
  3.  I  faced  two strange problems. When I try to display a graphics
  (Plot[x^2,{x,-1,1}])  in  ver  4 I get Display::initstate problem. I
  found  a  solution  on  www.wolfram.com  concerning  it but I didn't
  clearly  understand  where  I can select a printer. Because I set up
  network  HP  LJ  6L  and  I printed some documents there from within
  Mathematica  4  -  everything  works  except for Display::initstate.
  Another   problem  is  with  Read  function.  When  I  try  to  use
  Read/ReadList/Import  I get function::initstate message. Did anyone
  here  face with such problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  a lot!

Best regards,
 Maksym                          mailto:wolandms at inbox.ru