RE: 2-D Vector Field scale ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22959] RE: [mg22930] 2-D Vector Field scale ?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 02:54:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chris,

If you want the scale to be the same as the actual plot you can use the
following. I use the example for ListPlotVectorField in the Standard AddOns
Packages book.

varray = Table[{Random[Real, {-0.7, 0.7}], Random[Real, {-0.7, 0.7}]}, {i,
        10}, {j, 10}];
ListPlotVectorField[varray, Frame -> True, FrameTicks -> {Automatic, None},
    PlotRange -> {{-0.01, 10.7}, Automatic}];

Gives a framed plot with a scale only on the bottom side.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/