RE: ErrorListPlot point size control?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21916] RE: [mg21872] ErrorListPlot point size control?
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 02:54:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

James J. Fuite  wrote:
------------------------------
I wish to change the point size of a graph that I am making that
uses the function ErrorListPlot, from the package Graphics`Graphics.  My
problem is this: I cannot find a method to control the size of the data
points displayed.

Unlike for ListPlot, as shown by Options[ErrorListPlot], the
option PlotStyle is unavailable.
-------------------------------

I give an example that does what you want.

   Block[{$DisplayFunction=Identity},
      plt1=ErrorListPlot[{{1,3.4},{2.3,4.5},{3.2,2.1},{4.4,4.8}}]
   ];
   Show[plt1/.PointSize[0.015]->PointSize[0.03]];

Perhaps an experienced member of the group will volunteer to enhance the
Graphics`Graphics` package so all functions in the package have all standard
graphics options that might be useful.  Once it's done the improved version
could be posted at Math Source.

I wrote several enhancements and posted them at Math Source, and I have
plans for more.  It would be really neat if there were 100 or so other users
who posted as many enhancements. Similar to the way LINUX was created by
volunteers, Mathematica could be largely enhanced by an army of volunteers.

Regards,
Ted Ersek

On 12-18-99 Mathematica tips, tricks at
http://www.dot.net.au/~elisha/ersek/Tricks.html