Re: Word processing in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21951] Re: Word processing in Mathematica?
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hans at dorsai.org>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 00:49:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jack Goldberg wrote:

Jack Goldberg <jackgold at math.lsa.umich.edu> wrote in message
news:87e1r2$s21 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hi group,
>
> I am about to write an article using Mathematica (V.4.0.1 for the
PowerMac).
> I was hoping that I could do both the word processing and the mathematics
> all staying within the context of Mathematica.  "The Beginner's Guide To
> Mathematica, Version 4" by Glynn and Gray states explicitly that the
> entire book was done this way and they offer a bit of information on how
> to do this ( more of a tease than a usable manual).  I have an
> extensive library of books on Mathematica, but none of them, including the
BOOK,
> does a satisfactory job of explaining the critical details.  They simply
> focus on how to set up a Style page, change fonts, faces etc.
> But how does one get traditional text output for an equation
> which is in-line in a text cell?  (In TEX this is done by using the $
> sign). Is it possible to get equations numbered automatically? There are
> many, many such issues.  Is there a good (or even modest) discussion of
> this available anywhere?
>
> Perhaps I should do the writing using TEX and imbed the Mathematica stuff
in the
> TEX documents.  Any suggestions, recommendations and references would be
> very much appreciated.
>
> Jack

Jack

If you are using Mathematica, Look into using Publicon. To go out on a limb
I would say that  Publicon is simply the notebook front end to Mathematica.
Except no cells are evaluated.

http://www.wolfram.com/products/publicon/

also go here first

http://www.wolfram.com/products/publicon/sampletools.html