Re: Graphics and animation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22182] Re: Graphics and animation
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 01:24:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 16 Feb 2000, John Flint wrote:

> I have three questions:
>
> 1) I have created an animation and saved it as an animated gif. When I
> replay the animated gif in IE it only plays once. Then I have to take the
> gif into a gif editor in order to make it loop forever. I make a lot of
> these gif's so how can I make Mathematica save the gif with the loopcounter
> set to 'forever'?

1) Paste the following expression in your notebook.

FrontEndExecute[
  FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup[
    "RefGuide",
    "Export"
  ]
]

2) Evaluate the expression you just pasted.  This will open the reference
guide entry for Export[] in the Help Browser.

3) Scroll to the end of the entry and locate a cell that reads "Additional
Information."

4) Click on the triangular dingbat at the left of this cell to expose a
sizeable amount of material.

5) Locate the subsection that is headed "GIF".

6) Note the option named "Loop".

This is what you are looking form.  Note that this option is a suboption
to the option ConversionOptions.

Export[<file name>, <graphic list>, "GIF",
  ConversionOptions -> {"Loop" -> <value>}
]

> 3) How do I set the axis in a Plot to a logarithmic scale?

You can use the Log*Plot[] functions that are defined in the Standard
Package Graphics`Graphics`.

FrontEndExecute[
  FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup[
    "AddOns",