Re: interpolating function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22258] Re: interpolating function
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <atulksharma at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 01:34:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There are several equivalent ways to do this. Below, I imposed conditions on
the value of x, effectively overloading the function with different meanings
depending on these conditions (using /; ). You could do the same with If,
Which or related  statements if you prefer.

A. Sharma

In[1]:=
data1 = Table[{x, 1/x}, {x, 1, 10}];
data2 = Table[{x, 1/x^2}, {x, 10, 20}];