RE: ParametricPlot3D: specific colour AND shading

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21429] RE: [mg21419] ParametricPlot3D: specific colour AND shading
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 00:20:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Julio Vera wrote:
--------------------------------
I determine the colour of a ParametricPlot3D
graphic with a Directive RGBColor. The Option
Lighting->False is needed for the colour to
appear.

The problem is the sense of volume is kind of
lost, since EdgeForm[] Directive is also present.

I would like to be able to render graphics with
both specific colours and shading. A set of
different graphics with these Directives and Options
is presented together using the command Show.

Maybe the Options AmbientLight and Shading have
something to do with it.

I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do, but you should take a
look at  the Graphics Tricks available from my web site (URL below).  There
I explain and demonstrate most of the options and primitives that control
lighting and coloring in Mathematica.

Regards,
Ted Ersek

On 12-18-99 Mathematica tips, tricks at