Intersection of 2 subspaces

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21681] Intersection of 2 subspaces
  • From: RENAULT Fabien <renaulf1 at cti.ecp.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Here is my problem :
In a vectorial space of dimension n, I have 2 different subspaces defined
by a set of vectors. I need to find the subspace intersection of those 2
subspaces that is to say find the vectors directors that define the
subspace intersection.

For example if n=4
If my first subspace is defined by the vectors (0,0,0,1) and (0,0,1,0)
If my second subspace is defined by the vectors (1,0,0,0) and (0,0,1,1)

Then the answer would be the subspace intersection defined by the vector
(0,0,1,1).

If someone could tell me where to find such a function or how to build an
efficient algorithm that could handle much higher values of n (up to
25-30) that would be a great help for me.

Thanks