- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21667] emmathfnt
- From: Joel Storch <jstorch at earthlink.net>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:21 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: EarthLink Network, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to take some plots generated in Mathematica (which contain Greek labels) and insert them into a MS Word 98 document so that they will print correctly to a PS printer which does not have the special Mathematica fonts. It appears that the Mathsource tool -"emmathfnt" which embeds the Math fonts in an existing Mathematica-generated EPS file should provide the solution to this problem. I am performing this task on a Macintosh and have encountered two problems: 1) The Readme file indicates that the tool will not work with EPS files generated by Display or Export when called from the standalone kernel.How then, am I supposed to save the Mathematica plot as an eps file ? 2) What is the exact syntax of indicating to emmathfnt the path to the Type1 1 Fonts. I used the standard path format (HardDisk:Folder1:Folder2:...) for the MAC, but it did not find the Font folder.