Re: File -> Notebooks -> Empty

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24567] Re: [mg24551] File -> Notebooks -> Empty
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:56:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Dear mathgroup-
>
> I recently set up shortcut keys to open Mathematica (window 95, Mathematica v4).
> However, every time I use the shortcut to open Mathematica, it erases the menu
> File -> Notebooks, even the notebooks that are permanent to this menu.  Any
> suggestions to cirumvent, but still be able to use the shortcut?
>
> thanks
>
> -matt

You probably used a shortcut which uses both the Control and the Shift
keys.  Mathematica detects if you press Control+Shift on startup and,
if you do, does a "clean" start which, among other things, will erase
your preferences (which is where the recently opened notebook list
is held).  So, you'll have to pick a shortcut which does not use both
Control and Shift.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com