Re: Integral Convergence

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23760] Re: [mg23649] Integral Convergence
  • From: "Richard Finley" <rfinley at medicine.umsmed.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:09:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Vio
Did you really want to define your function with the unit step inside the square root?
 Also you state that the function is nonzero for periodic intervals...where is the periodicity?  RF

>>> Viorel Ontalus <vio2 at mail.lehigh.edu> 05/28/00 09:09PM >>>
Dear All,
I am having problems with some calculations and I am asking for help or
suggestions.

I am integrating a piecewise defined function. The function is non zero
for some periodic intervals.
When nonzero the function has the form f[x_]:=c * Sqrt[ 1-( (x-a)/b )^2*
UnitStep[1-( (x-a)/b )^2] ]
with a, b, c constants
g[y_]:=Integrate[f[x],{x,0,y}]
I want to plot g[y]
I get a lot of messages that are telling  :"Nintegrate failed to
converge to prescribed accuracy"
" Integration converging too slowly"   etc.

Does anybody know a fix?

Thanks Vio