Re: NDSolve error message: Can't find starting value ...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23803] Re: [mg23755] NDSolve error message: Can't find starting value ...
  • From: "Mark Harder" <harderm at ucs.orst.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:00:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Axel,
>P.S. Btw., this is done with Mathematica 4.

Then, you should look in the Help browser under 'Other Information>Warning
Messages>NDSolve>NDSolve::ndsv: ', where it says this message means that
something is wrong with your initial/boundary conditions (but not much more)
& gives 1 somewhat artificial example. Maybe someone more knowledgeable
about ODEs than I can tell you what exactly is wrong.
-mark harder