Are notebooks platform dependent ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23872] Are notebooks platform dependent ?
  • From: Madhusudan Singh <chhabra at eecs.umich.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:51:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi

    I am facing a *very* curious problem. I have Mathematica 4.0 running
in my office on two machines - one Debian Linux and the other Sun OS
5.6.
    In addition, I have Mathematica 4.0 for Students running at home on
Red Hat Linux.

    I have a notebook that compiles on the two Linux systems but chokes
up on errors like (not a valid variable :-) ) on the Sun OS machine.
Same notebook, no changes, just ftp'ed. One thing that I notice is that
the notebook shows much more spacing on the Sun machine (a possibly
relevant fact).

    Any ideas on what is going on and how it might be fixed ?

Thanks in advance,

Madhusudan Singh.

PS If you could CC a copy of your response to me, it will help
immensely.