bug in JacobiAmplitude numerics?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23919] bug in JacobiAmplitude numerics?
  • From: Gianluca Gorni <gorni at dimi.uniud.it>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:56:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

Playing with JacobiAmplitude after reading [mg23882],
I have found something strange with the numerical evaluation
of JacobiAmplitude:

JacobiAmplitude[0, 10^(-17)] gives 0,

JacobiAmplitude[1.*10^(-100), 10^(-17)]
        gives 1.*^-100, while

JacobiAmplitude[0., 10^(-17)]
       gives a string of error messages and a funny output.

My version is "4.0 for Power Macintosh (May 9, 1999)"

Bye,

            Gianluca Gorni

--

 | Gianluca Gorni                  |