Re: signal processing w/ mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22468] Re: signal processing w/ mathematica
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:22:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Try this site at wolfram:

http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/engineering/courses.html

In particular Mariusz Jankowski at the University of Southern Maine has done
some nice things. One of the application packages for sale on the Wolfram
site "Electrical Engineering Examples"

http://www.wolfram.com/products/applications/ee/

was done by Mariusz, I think. Anyway it looks reasonably good from the
description and it is "inexpensive" by Mathematica package standards - $195.

Kevin

               Kevin J. McCann
        Johns Hopkins University APL
                       and
Universtiy of Maryland Baltimore County

"Richard G. S. Spencer" <spencer at helix.nih.gov> wrote in message
news:89src2$dsm at smc.vnet.net...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I could really use a recommendation for a book(s) (website?) illustrating
> the use of Mathematica 4.0 (standard package) for digital signal
processing
> (correlation, autocorrelation, fourier transforms, filter design,
> windowing, etc.).  Many books are described on the Mathematica website
which appear
> to touch on the subject but since I have no way to actually see them, it
> would be a matter of guesswork to decide which one(s) to buy.
<< snip >>