Re: signal processing w/ mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22550] Re: signal processing w/ mathematica
  • From: David Annetts <dannetts at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:24:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Richard

> I could really use a recommendation for a book(s) (website?) illustrating
> the use of Mathematica 4.0 (standard package) for digital signal processing
> (correlation, autocorrelation, fourier transforms, filter design,
> windowing, etc.).  Many books are described on the Mathematica website which appear
> to touch on the subject but since I have no way to actually see them, it
> would be a matter of guesswork to decide which one(s) to buy.
>
> I'm an NMR spectroscopist so I know a fair bit about signal processing;
> it's the specific Mathematica implementation I need help with.
>
> For example, the topic of scaling of the time/frequency axis of a Fourier
> transform and inverse Fourier transform has been a discussion point
> previously in this group with much good general advice, but I'm interested
> in working with data and simulations, not in becoming a clever Mathematica
> programmer to determine how to implement procedures in a useful fashion.
>
> I realize that all the functionality is already contained in Mathematica to do
> signal processing, but it takes some real effort to make things work
> precisely and conveniently.   Someone else must have already worked all
> this out and published it! (I hope).

My recollection is that Paul Abbott's published an article in MathJournal which
covers some signal processing using Mathematica.  You might try the archives there ...

There's also some stuff on high website (at Uni of Western Australia) for
students.

Regards,

Dave.

 David Annetts                                       _____________
 http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~dannetts/                |C R C A M E T|
 CRC for Australian Mineral                         |````` \      |
 Exploration Technologies                           |`````/$\     |
 Earth & Planetary Sciences                         |````/$$$\____|
 Macquarie University, NSW 2109                     |```/$$$/.....|
 AUSTRALIA                                          |``/$$$/......|
 phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366  -------------